The internet is a wonderful place. It’s filled with cat videos, funny GIFs and all sorts of weird and wonderful content. But the internet is also a rather fickle place. What is popular today will change tomorrow and what was relevant yesterday is almost irrelevant today. Why? Because content has an expiration date.
There are only so many times people will be interested in reading about your company or learning about your products or services before they lose interest and move on to something else.
Therefore, if you want to take your digital marketing efforts to the next level, repurposing your content is the way to do it. With the right strategy, repurposing content can not only help you leverage one piece of marketing material in several different ways but also expose it to a new audience who might not have seen it otherwise.
After all, many people read more than one blog or follow more than one social media account related to their interests – especially if those interests are fairly niche ones!
What is Content Repurposing?
When you repurpose content, you take one piece of material and transform it into something else. This could involve taking a blog post, video, infographic, slide show or podcast and then turning it into another format such as a slideshow, e-book, audio file, article, etc.
The goal is to expand your reach and make sure that as many people as possible have access to the information you’ve created. This can be extremely useful for a variety of reasons. For example, let’s say you create a really helpful blog post about your product or service.
Perhaps you use that post to drive traffic to your site and generate sales. But what if the post doesn’t get the level of exposure you were hoping for? Or what if not everyone who reads it is in a position to buy your product right away? For those who aren’t ready to buy or aren’t interested in buying right away, the post will be a waste of time.
But if you repurpose the same post into an audio file, an infographic or a slideshow, you can reach a whole new audience and still get your message out there.
6 Ways to Repurpose Your Content
There are many different ways you can repurpose your content. The more you can diversify and expand your content, the more likely you are to reach a wider audience. Here are a few suggestions to get you started:
- Turn Blog Posts Into Videos: In addition to or instead of writing blog posts, you can create videos designed to expand on the information in your posts. By doing so, you can reach a wider audience while still getting your message out there.
- Turn Videos Into Infographics: If you post videos on YouTube or some other video platform, consider taking those videos and creating an infographic out of them. The infographic can include information such-as statistics and facts- as well as visuals.
- Turn Infographics Into Slide Shows: If you create an infographic and turn it into a slide show, you can then post that slide show to an online forum or your website. But you can also use it to create an entirely new blog post.
- Turn Slide Shows Into Blog Posts: If a slide show is too long for a forum post or website, you can break it up into a series of blog posts. This is a great way to grow your blog because you’re taking content that would otherwise go to waste and using it to create new blog posts.
- Turn Podcasts Into Blog Posts: If you host a podcast, you can record the audio and then turn it into a blog post. You can also record an audio version of one of your existing blog posts, or you can create an entirely new blog post out of an audio file.
- Turn Ads Into Blog Posts: If you have ads running on Facebook, Twitter or other social media sites, you can take the information from those ads and create a blog post out of it. This will help you to reach a wider audience while still promoting your company or product.
1. Turn Ads Into Blog Posts
If you’re running ads on social media or elsewhere on the internet, you can repurpose those ads into blog posts. Doing so not only gives you more content to work with, but also shows your followers that you’re serious about your business and aren’t just there to sell to them.
– Take a few pictures of your products.
– Write a few paragraphs about the product and how it can benefit people. Include a link to your website or an online sales page where people can buy it.
– Post the blog on your social media accounts.
2. Turn Blog Posts Into Podcasts
Another way to repurpose your blog posts is to turn them into podcasts. You may have noticed that while blog readership has decreased, podcast listenership has increased.
Podcasts are a great way to reach a wider audience, and they can help to build your brand as well.
– Take one of your older blog posts that didn’t get as much attention as you’d hoped and turn it into a podcast.
– Edit the post a bit so that it’s more conducive to listening rather than reading.
– Record the post and turn it into a podcast or upload the audio onto your computer so that you can create a podcast out of it.
– Post the podcast to your social media pages and on your website.
– If you have a website dedicated to your podcast, you can also create a blog section on your podcast website where you can post your podcasts and continue to repurpose your blog posts.
3. Turn Blog Posts Into E-Books
Blog posts are a great way to share information, generate leads and drive traffic to your website. E-books, on the other hand, do all of those things, as well as provide readers with more information than blog posts typically do.
– Take a post that didn’t get as much interest as you’d hoped and turn it into an e-book.
– Edit the post so that it works well as an e-book.
– Upload the e-book to your website and sell it or give it away for free. You can also give it away for free, but have the e-book lead people to an opt-in page where they can sign up to your mailing list or purchase one of your products.
– You can also post the e-book on social media or on your blog to help it reach a wider audience.
– If you have an e-book already, consider repurposing your blog posts into e-books, as well.
4. Turn Blog Posts Into Slide Shows
Another way you can turn your blog posts into something new is by turning them into slide shows. This is the perfect way to expand on a post without adding a lot of extra bulk.
– Take one of your old blog posts and turn it into a slide show.
– Edit the post so that it works like a slide show and fits onto one page rather than being broken up into several pages.
– Upload the slide show to your website, and post it on social media. – You can also consider posting the slide show on a forum or YouTube.
5. Turn Blog Posts Into Squeeze Pages
Another way you can expand on your blog posts is by turning them into squeeze pages. Squeeze pages are pages where you collect email addresses from your visitors so that you can contact them at a later date.
They are particularly useful if you are running an online business and want to collect email addresses from people who aren’t ready to purchase from you just yet.
– Take one of your older blog posts and turn it into a squeeze page.
– Edit the post so that it works as a squeeze page.
– Post the squeeze page on your website, and put it on social media, as well.
– You can also consider posting the squeeze page on a forum.
6. Turn Blog Posts Into E-Mail Campaigns
Another way you can repurpose your blog posts is by turning them into email campaigns. Email campaigns are a great way to stay in touch with your customers and keep your name in front of them.
– Take one of your old blog posts, and turn it into an email campaign.
– Edit the post so that it works as an email campaign.
– Send the email campaign to your subscribers.
– You can also consider sending the email campaign to people who visit your website.
– If you have a mailing list, you can send the email to only your subscribers.
There are many ways to repurpose your content and reach a wider audience. At the end of the day, repurposing your content is all about taking one piece of content and using it to create new pieces of content that can be distributed to different mediums and be seen by different audiences.
Turning blog posts into videos, videos into infographics, infographics into slide shows, slide shows into podcasts, podcasts into blog posts, and ads into blog posts are just some of the many ways you can repurpose your content.